Fairfirst Insurance Limited (“Fairfirst”) is committed to safeguarding the privacy and confidentiality of your Sensitive
Personal Data or Information. In the process of you using this Website or availing of the existing or future services or facility provided by the Website, you may be required to furnish information, including Personal information and/or Sensitive Personal Information and/or any other information that is of a confidential nature. You are urged to keep the information current to ensure that the services and facility remain relevant and enable us to reach you.
Fairfirst Insurance Limited (“Fairfirst”) is committed to safeguarding the privacy and confidentiality of your Sensitive Personal Data or Information. In the process of you using this Website or availing of the existing or future services or facility provided by the Website, you may be required to furnish information, including Personal information and/or Sensitive Personal Information and/or any other information that is of a confidential nature. You are urged to keep the information current to ensure that the services and facility remain relevant and enable us to reach you.
1. “Fairfirst” or “Company” or “Us” or “We”- refers to FairfirstInsurance Limited.
2. “Insurance Policy” means general insurance policy issued/ that may be issued by Fairfirst.
4. “You” or “User(s)” means the person(s) visiting/accessing the Website in any capacity.
5. “Website” – refers to www.fairfirst.lk website and additional Portals/Micro/Mini/Mobile sites that link to the main back-end to create a distributed presence to fulfil the needs & functional requirements of all segments of customers.
6. “Services” – all services made available by Fairfirst through its Website.
7. “Personal Data or Information" means any information that relates to a natural person which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a body corporate, is capable of identifying or relating itself to such person and/or the property(s)/profession of a person and/or any other personal information of such person.
8. “Sensitive Personal Data or Information”: Sensitive Personal Data or Information of a person means such personal Data or information which consists of information relating to:
(ii) financial information such as Bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details;
(iii) physical, physiological and mental health condition;
(iv) sexual history or orientation;
(v) medical records and history as to any type of ailments [including HIV/AIDS] and health status of insured and his/her family members;
(vi) Biometric information of person or employee;
(vii) any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to body corporate for providing service; and
intended to and do not create any contractual or financial or any other legal rights in favour of any User or viewer or any other
D. Roles and Responsibilities
1. Data Privacy Officer:
2. Grievance redressal Officer:
E. Use/disclosure of your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Data or Information
1. The Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Data or Information collected from you may be used by us for a number of lawful purposes connected with our business operations and functions, which include but are not limited to:
(i) Verification of your identity as per prevalent laws and regulation;
(ii) In the normal course of business to enforce the terms and conditions of products or services or Terms and Conditions
(iii) Dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities and all other general
administrative and business purposes;
(iv) Customer analytics on usage pattern and delivering customized content and advertisements that may be relevant/of
interest to you;
(v) Carrying out market and product analysis and marketing our companies’ products and services and communicate updates, offers and promotion;
(vi) Sharing with reinsurers who may have offices located outside Sri Lanka
(viii) Address network integrity and security issues;
(ix) Carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement, for the purpose of
compliance of a legal obligation, in connection with legal proceedings, in connection with prevention, detection,
investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences, protect and defend our rights or property or act in an emergency to protect safety or to help investigations, monitor or prevent or take action regarding unlawful and illegal activities/suspected fraud/potential threat to the safety or security of any person;
(x) Carrying out activities connected with the running of our business such as personnel training, quality control, network monitoring, testing and maintenance of computer and other systems and in connection with the transfer of any part of our business in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer;
2. Disclosure of Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Data or Information
(i) The Company is authorised to and may share Personal Information and/or Sensitive Personal Data or Information for providing you with any of your subscribed services and any service-related activities such as collecting subscription fees from
you for those services, and notifying or contacting you regarding any problem with, or the expiration of, such services.
(ii) Towards this objective, the Company may be required to disclose your Personal Information to one or more Agents, Affiliates and/or contractors of Fairfirst and their sub-contractors subject to necessary non-disclosure agreements.
(iii) You may inform us at any time not to share Your Personal Information with third parties by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The Company will store small text files called Cookies in your device in order to enable various features of our applications.
These are used to store user preferences and trends to improve user/viewer experience. You have the option to change your Browser settings to accept or not accept Cookies and depending on which you agree to our use of any information collected by us
through that Cookie. Any such information collected will only be used for improving the website/app experience.
4. IP addresses help us customise your visit to our website since they are tied to personally identifiable information. We confirm
that this information is not shared with third parties, for their promotional purposes, except as provided under Disclosure of
Information clause. When you download or use our mobile apps, we also collect various device specific details like Device ID and Device Accounts including third-party accounts or MAC-address. This data is used to resolve technical difficulties and to provide
you with the correct and most recent version of our mobile apps.
5. When you download or use our mobile apps, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including
a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising,
search results, and other personalized content. Location services can be turned off using your mobile phone settings.
6. Information, content and materials provided on this Website are on an “As Is” basis and Fairfirst does not make any express or
implied representation or warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the same.
Fairfirst retains the right to communicate with You (via e-mail, postal service / courier or mobile messaging services/app). Fairfirst further retains its right to communicate through third party vendors. You shall have the option to unsubscribe to receive such email communication.
G. Information security
Fairfirst takes reasonable precautions to protect the Website and our Users information from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information We hold. We maintain information pertaining to you in our
business records as per current regulatory requirements. Fairfirst shall retain your personal Information for as long as required to
provide you with services or otherwise required under the law.
H. Changes to the Policy
Fairfirst Insurance Limited
Access Towers II (14th Floor), 278/4, Union Place, Colombo 02,