Fairfirst Insurance Settles Claims In Record Time
Fairfirst Insurance recently settled a claim in a record time of 17 minutes – from intimation to claim settlement. This was all made possible with improved technology in Click2Claim.
So, on a Wednesday afternoon, we received a call from one of our customers, who had met with an accident in Ja-Ela. As soon as the claim was intimated, our super-efficient claim bots at Union Place got activated to start assessing what had happened all the way in Ja-Ela. Here’s how the rest of the story unfolded:
- 1.17pm, Fairfirst virtually connected with the customer at the accident site to commence the assessment
- By 1.27pm, the Assessment Centre team completes assessing the damage
- By 1.30pm, the claim offer was forwarded to the customer and he agrees
- By 1.32pm, the claims center forwards a PIN to the customer to collect the cash from any Commercial Bank branch.
- It’s a short but happy story!
So how did we do this? Our secret in setting a record was the refined version of Click2Claim. This refined version comes with virtual assessment capabilities to fast-track assessment speeds. Connecting with customers from any location became instant and so was the completion of the assessment. It was just a matter of turning the customer’s mobile phone to a virtual assessment device. Once connected, all that the customer has to do is point the phone at the damaged vehicle and our claim experts at the assessment center will complete the job in no time.
As an empathetic insurer understanding that every second or minute is precious especially when stranded at an accident site, is crucial. So, by combining the refined version of Click2Claim with a super-efficient Call Centre, Fairfirst ensures the most hassle-free customer experience away from a greasy situation. Now, when the customer meets with an accident, all that needs to be done is:
Step 1 – Call the Fairfirst Call Centre on 112 428 428 (we try our best to answer within 3 rings as time is of the essence. More importantly, the customer will be greeted by a friendly human and not the ‘please press 9’ voice)
Step 2 – At this point, Fairfirst is quite acquainted with requirements of the customer, so he/she would have to simply pick between:
- Opting for Click2Claim (which is available from 7am-7pm) and starting a video-based conversation with the Agent. The damage/s will be virtually assessed in less than 10 minutes. Thereafter the customer gets to decide whether to:
- To collect the cash payment from the nearest Commercial Bank Branch on the way
- Or, better yet, drive the vehicle to an EasyFix garage (which are available in 50 locations islandwide) and get everything done cashless along with a 1-year warranty on all spare-parts & repairs
- If the customer prefers a more hands-on inspection, don’t worry, as an assessor could also be dispatched immediately to assess the damage. Based on the damage/situation the assessor will provide an on-site offer or an alternate claim/repair option
For Fairfirst, Motor Insurance is not just about another insurance cover. It is about the user experience built around the product. The refined version of Click2Claim, completes and simplifies the user experience by instilling empathy. Cultivating innovative and award-winning solutions not only makes us stronger but also makes sure that we are committed to uplifting the standards of insurance in Sri Lanka.
Fairfirst Insurance is part of the Canadian-based Fairfax Group. Fairfax, through its subsidiaries, has an international insurance and reinsurance business with a global underwriting reach, longstanding relationships and a broad product range. Fairfax has a strong foothold in the growing insurance and reinsurance markets of Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe, West Asia and Brazil.