Erection All Risks Insurance
A comprehensive insurance, which provides complete protection against all types of risks associated with erection, testing, commissioning of machinery, plant, and equipment during constructional stage. This cover can be taken jointly by the owner/ principal covering the interest of all other parties like main contractor, sub contractor, financial institution, bank, etc.
Erection All Risks Insurance embraces a wide variety of plant and machinery at all levels of complexity, ranging from the relatively straight forward positioning and connecting up of single manufactured items of equipment such as small pumps or electric motors; to complete major industrial complexes such as a large power station or manufacturing facility.
What it Covers
The policy cover consists of two (2) sections, namely:
- Section 1 – Material damage
- Section 2 – Third party liability for bodily injury and property damage
Section 1 could be extended to cover:
- Principals existing property
- Removal of debris
- Construction plant, equipment and machinery
- Riot and strike
The cover starts from the time of arrival of first consignment at site, normal storage and thereafter during erection, testing, until the plant is successfully commissioned and handed over.
Basis of sum insured
The Sum Insured for the insurance should not be less than the end value of a completely erected property inclusive of freight, customs duty, and erection cost. Basically, insurance should be for the contract price.
- Particulars of cover and exclusions given above are not complete or exhaustive. For more details please call us on 0112 428 428 or visit one of our nearest branches.