Contractor’s Plant and Machinery
Plant and equipment often constitute a considerable part of a contractor’s investment. Contractor’s Plant and Machinery is an exclusive all risks policy covering the plant and machinery used by the contractors on site for various projects.
Contractors Plant and Machinery Insurance covers the property, whether they are at work or at rest, or being dismantled for the purpose of cleaning or overhauling, or during course of operations, or when being shifted within the premises or during subsequent re-erection, but in any case only after successful commissioning.
Examples of machines/equipment that can be covered under Contractors Plant & Machinery insurance are:
- Earthmoving equipment such as Bulldozer, grader, scraper, excavator, loader, dumper, etc.
- Concrete mixer, concrete pumps
- Lifting equipment, tower cranes and drilling equipment, road surfacing equipment
- Batching plant for production of concrete or asphalt
- Concrete or bitumen paving machines
What it Covers
This policy is an all risks policy covering loss or damage to the property by any cause, To name a few:-
- Fire and allied perils
- Landslide, subsidence and rockslide
- Burglary and theft
- Collision, overturning and falling
- Any other sudden, unforeseen, accidental damages not explicitly excluded
Basis of sum insured
The sum insured has to represent the new replacement value of the machine including customs duty, freight and cost of erection & testing
- Particulars of cover and exclusions given above are not complete or exhaustive. For more details please call us on 0112 428 428 or visit one of our nearest branches.